Chicago Tri Club

Swim. Bike. Run. Play. 

Getting started with long rides

• 03/15/2017 6:56 PM
    Message # 4669224
    Deleted user

Since I need someone to hold me accountable for long weekend rides, I figured that CTC might be the best ones to help with that. Over the summer, I've been thinking about longer rides involving adventures - from taking Metra up to Kenosha and riding back (or the reverse) or joining the Chicago Cycling Club for their monthly rides from the city to Three Floyds in Munster. Anyone else up to join me for ~16mph rides?

• 03/16/2017 10:12 AM
    Reply # 4670778 on 4669224
    Deleted user

It looks a great idea. I can join to you.

• 04/16/2017 6:19 PM
    Reply # 4754733 on 4669224
    Deleted user

Hi Nick,

I could totally join you. I am also looking for some accountability and would love to start going for long weekend rides. Shoot me a message if you are still looking for people to bike with.

• 04/17/2017 12:06 PM
    Reply # 4756818 on 4754733
    Deleted user
    Olga Shiryaeva wrote:

Hi Nick,

I could totally join you. I am also looking for some accountability and would love to start going for long weekend rides. Shoot me a message if you are still looking for people to bike with.

I definitely am. I'm a bit tired of the lakefront rides because when it's nice out, it becomes amateur hour and it's hard to get a good pace going and keep pushing it. So, if you're interested, PM me and we'll get together for weekend rides. I'm right off Navy Pier and have been trying to get 7am rides in @16mph but as I need longer rides, the idea of doing loops sucks. 

https://chicagocyclingclub.org/Home/RideSchedule has the information to join CCC for the 3 Floyds ride, but if you want to do the Metra rides, we can schedule something for early May to give everyone a time to schedule. Kenosha to Chicago (Navy Pier) is a hair under 55 miles, but Lake Forest to Navy Pier is 30.5 miles and a rather smooth course for the most part.

Anyone else interested - send me a note and we'll coordinate something. If not, I'll be out riding the lakefront in one full loop (36 miles) on Saturday.

• 04/30/2017 8:29 AM
    Reply # 4792365 on 4756818
    Deleted user
    Nick Hawkins wrote:
    Olga Shiryaeva wrote:

Hi Nick,

I definitely am. I'm a bit tired of the lakefront rides because when it's nice out, it becomes amateur hour and it's hard to get a good pace going and keep pushing it. So, if you're interested, PM me and we'll get together for weekend rides. I'm right off Navy Pier and have been trying to get 7am rides in @16mph but as I need longer rides, the idea of doing loops sucks. 

https://chicagocyclingclub.org/Home/RideSchedule has the information to join CCC for the 3 Floyds ride, but if you want to do the Metra rides, we can schedule something for early May to give everyone a time to schedule. Kenosha to Chicago (Navy Pier) is a hair under 55 miles, but Lake Forest to Navy Pier is 30.5 miles and a rather smooth course for the most part.

Anyone else interested - send me a note and we'll coordinate something. If not, I'll be out riding the lakefront in one full loop (36 miles) on Saturday.

Hello,

I'm brew to CTC and am also looking to train with longer rides and have some accountability for them as well. Its's this group still active? If love too join.

Thank you,

Steven

Thank you to our Supporters!

CBD 2010 logo      FOUR STAR ENDURANCE