Racing & Volunteering (RAV) Program
The more active you are in the club, the more points you can earn. It's about Participation NOT Competition.
- Points are earned by volunteering at races and club events. You can be a group workout leader, race coordinator, committee member, or even a chairperson or officer.
- Points are earned by racing in CRS and other races. You earn the same number of points whether you come in first or last
- You must register at the Who's racing / Who's volunteering page on the website and wear a CTC article of clothing or temporary tattoo.
- 10 RAV points earns you an end of the year prize. Past prizes have included: beach towels, water bottles, winter beanies, and long sleeve technical shirts.
- 15 RAV points earns you a spot in the end of the year raffle, including a minimum of 5 points from volunteering. You must do at least one thing for the club directly. Giveaways have included Zipp race wheels; Ironman & HIM training programs; a 312 bike; swim, bike, or run coaching; and other items generously donated by our sponsors.
- RAV points for 2022:
- CRS races* 3 points, all other races 1 point
- Volunteering at CRS races or Key Volunteering Races except IMWI - 3 points
- IMWI Volunteer (4 pts.)
- Club chairperson or club officer 6 points or more, depending on your contributions to the club.
- Committee members earn points at discretion of chairs/officers, depending on your contributions to the committee.
- Race or event coordinator: 3 points
- Workout leaders -- Muffin Runs, Gear Watch, Group rides: 1/2 point (5 pt. Maximum)